What you need:
Makes 12 Biscuits
- 100g Vegan Butter
- 70g Cater Sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 160g Plain Flour
- Cream together the Butter and Sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve the Flour and Baking Powder into the same bowl and mix together. Once it starts to come together use your hands to knead and form it into a ball. If you have a slightly crumbly texture, don’t worry, that is normal.
- Once your dough is smooth, lay on a floured surface and make into a circular disc shape.
- Wrap this in clingfilm and pop in the fridge for around 30 minutes to chill.
- When the dough is ready, preheat your oven to 160’C.
- Roll out your dough on your floured surface until its around 1.5cm thick.
- Now this is where you can get creative! Use a cookie cutter of your choice or cut some rectangles out of your dough.
- Use a skewer, cocktail stick or a knife to pierce and score a pattern into your shortbread biscuits.
- Place them on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with a light layer of sugar on top.
- Bake them in your oven for around 10 minutes. They might look pale and still soft to touch after 10 minutes, but this is correct. Once you allow them to cool, they will firm up for that classic shortbread texture.
- Place on a cooling rack.
Feel free to share your creations on your socials and tag us @erpinghamhouse and @erpinghamhousebtn.