What you need:
- 12 Salad Tomatoes
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Chopped Onions
- Paprika Seasoning
- Basil Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 1/2 Cups of Water
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Basil leaf for dressing
(The magic of tomato soup is you can add so many different vegetables to make it your ideal dish)
- Preheat the oven to 230C.
- Wash all of your vegetables so they are clean and ready to cook
- Chop the Tomatoes into quarters.
- Place them in a bowl along with a generous serving of Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper and mix well.
- Transfer the Tomatoes to a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Once they are cooked, allow to cool for about 10 minutes before placing them in the blender.
- Add a small amount of water and the tin of Chopped Tomatoes into your blender and blitz until fully blended.
- (Optional) Once blended, strain the soup to remove any unwanted Tomato Seeds/ Skin.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on a medium-high heat and allow the chopped garlic and onions to simmer.
-Pour the blended veg, 2 /1/2 cups of Water, Garlic, Seasonings, Salt and Pepper into the pan and allow to heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls or store in the fridge for up to 3 days. (Make sure your left over soup is fully cooled before storing)
Feel free to share your creations on your socials and tag us @erpinghamhouse.