What you need:
- 300g Pumpkin
- 250g Plain Flour, sieve
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 25g Chia Seeds
- 50g Raisins
- 200g Golden Caster Sugar (or 100g Caster Sugar & 100g Brown Sugar)
- 2 tbsp Ground Mixed Spice
- 1tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 100ml Oil
- 100ml Soya Milk
- 1 tsp Orange Extract (or Pumpkin Spice, Vanilla Extract)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Heat the oven to 160C
Pumpkin Puree Instructions:
- To make the Pumpkin Puree, cube and boil a Pumpkin (we used one that was freshly picked from the fields of Hill Farm Norfolk)
- Test when the Pumpkin is done by seeing if you can easily cut a cube in half.
- Once the Pumpkin is cooked all the way through blitz it to a puree in a blender.
To make the loaf:
- Place all the dry ingredients into a large bowl & mix.
- Add the wet ingredients (including the Pumpkin Puree) & mix until the mixture is combined and smooth.
- Place into a lined tin & bake for 60 minutes.
- Test the loaf is cooked by piercing it with a cocktail stick & if it comes out clean, its done. (if not, place it back in the oven for another 5 minutes and check it again)
- Leave to cool
Best served heated & with butter
Feel free to share your creations on your socials and tag us @erpinghamhouse and @erpinghamhousebtn.