- 125g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour
- 200g strawberries
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 lemon.
1. You know the drill! Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/GM 3.
2. Start by getting your strawberries on the heat with the tbsp of icing sugar. Boil and let simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Zest and juice the lemon and pop that goodness into your strawberry mixture. Take mix off the heat and leave to one side. It should coat the back of a spoon.
4. Make your shortbread by beating the caster sugar and butter together with an electric whisk. It’ll go really airy and smooth.
5. Sprinkle the flour into the sugary butter and mix it up with a wooden spoon. I promise, It’ll form a soft paste just keep mixing!
6. Once you’ve mixed the paste chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Begin rolling onto a flour surface about 4cm thick. Get your cutters out and cut away! This mixture should make at least 26 shortbread pieces. (13 will need the middles cut out, heart shaped or circular will work perfectly!)
8. Greaseproof a tray, place the shortbread on it and bake for around 10 minutes. Keep a close eye on them to make sure they don’t colour!
9. Take the shortbread out of the oven and leave to cool. Avoid temptations! (they’ll begin to hard which is a good thing.)
10. Grasp all of the shortbreads without holes and one by one scoop 1 tsp of strawberry mix. Pop the rest of the shortbreads over the top and very slightly press down else they’ll break! Leave to set for about 4 minutes.
11. Sit back, admire your creation, snap a photo and devour!
Feel free to share your creations on your socials and tag us @erpinghamhouse and @erpinghamhousebtn.