What you need:
Makes 12 Biscuits
1 Cup (120g) Plain Flour
1/8 tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
Pinch of Salt
40g Vegan Butter
1/4 Cup (60ml) Molasses
56g Brown Sugar
1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Vegan Powdered Sugar
Splash Vanilla Extract
1/2 to 1 tbp of Almond Milk or a plant-based milk of your choice
-Sift the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Nutmeg, Ginger and Cinnamon into a mixing bowl and stir
- In another bowl, add in the Butter, Molasses, Brown Sugar and Vanilla Extract and cream the mixture together.
- Now carefully add the two mixtures together and stir until uniform.
- Knead the mixture with your hands, place it back in the bowl then cover and place it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough and will a rolling pin roll out the mixture to around 1-2cm thick.
- Cut out your biscuits with cookie cutters and placed them on lined baking trays. Once all cut out, place the trays in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow the dough to chill.
- In the meantime, pre-heat your oven to 170C
- Once chilled, place your Biscuits in the over for 10-12 minutes and place them on a cooling rack when cooked.
- After they have cooled, prepare the icing by mixing the Powdered Sugar, Milk and Vanilla Extract together and pipe patterns onto your biscuits.
Feel free to share your creations on your socials and tag us @erpinghamhouse and @erpinghamhousebtn.