What you need:
- 1 tsp Yeast
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Warm Water
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 220g Plain Flour
½ cup of Vegan Butter
6 of Minced Garlic Cloves
2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
- Add the Yeast, Sugar and Warm Water and salt into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add the Vegan Butter in the bowl and mix. (Note that the butter will not fully mix in, so make sure the butter is broken down.)
- The add the Flour and mix well by hand or with a mixer.
- Cover the bowl and leave for 30-45 minutes until it doubles in size.
- Uncover and roll out the dough into long trips and make a knot,(You can choose which knot you would prefer, we went for a pretzel knot)
- Cover the baking tray and allow the dough to prove for another 30-45 minutes.
- As the dough is rising you can make the Garlic Butter by melting the butter in a pan and whisking all of the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Uncover the proved dough and brush the Garlic Butter onto the knots.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven
- If you have any remaining Garlic Butter you can always serve it in a small dish on the side of your meal for dipping.
Feel free to share your creations on your socials and tag us @erpinghamhouse.