Created by Meg Greenarce
What you need:
- 200ml Water, lukewarm
- 10g Dried Yeast
- 2 tsp Caster Sugar
- 500g White Bread Flour
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 60g Olive Oil (for extra flavour, use the oil from the Sundried Tomatoes!)
- Sundried tomatoes, dice
- 1 bulb garlic, crush with a garlic pressed
- Bunch of Oregano/Rosemary, finely dice
- Add the Water, Yeast and Sugar into a bowl.
- Stir the mixture and leave for 5-10 mins to activate the yeast.
- Place the White Bread Flour and Sea Salt into a separate bowl
- Gradually add the Yeast mixture & Oil to the bowl whilst mixing to form a dough.
- Knead first 5 minutes.
- Slice the Tomatoes, crush the Garlic and finely dice the Oregano/Rosemary
- When the dough has proved, tip it onto your work surface & put the new ingredients in the middle.
- Knead them into the dough until they are all combined. (This will also knock the dough back at the same time).
- Oil & flour a Pyrex baking dish.
- Place the dough inside & push it down to fill the base & the edges.
- Use two fingers to press halfway into the dough with a 1” gap between each hole across the surface.
- Place the damp cloth back on top & leave to prove for another hour/until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Once the dough has proved, brush it gently with oil & sprinkle on salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with oil again to refresh the bread.
- Place on a cooling rack.
Feel free to share your creations on your socials and tag us @erpinghamhouse.