Created by Meg Greenarce
What you need:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter
- Puff Pastry
- Roll the pastry to 1/2cm thick and cut into shape by using the tart tatin case.
- Peel and slice the Shallots to 1cm thick
- Heat a pan with oil and add the Shallots and Thyme. Cook until the Shallots are golden brown on the bottom and season.
- Place the Shallots evenly into the cases.
- Place 1 cup of Sugar in a clean saucepan and add enough Water to cover.
- Leave the Sugar on a medium heat to caramelise.
- Once it is golden brown, stir in a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar and ¼ Cup of Butter.
- Once the Butter is fully melted, spoon the mixture over the shallots.
- Place the pastry on top of the Tarts and brush some melted Butter on top and sprinkle some Salt.
- Bake for 15 Minutes on 175C until the pastry is cooked and golden.
- Once the tarts have been turned out, add slices of Figs and sprinkle sugar on top.
- You can caramelise these by either using a blow torch if you have one or place them under the grill until golden, or back in the oven.
Feel free to share your creations on your social sand tag us @erpinghamhouse.